Hot Spring Think Green
At Hot Spring, we’re making Green initiatives a part of our long-term corporate strategy. To us, Green has several meanings:
- working to reduce the environmental impact of our corporate activities
- recycling paper, cans and bottles in our office facilities and manufacturing plants
- educating employees on how to extend Green activities to our homes and lives
- building our products from materials that have a reduced environmental impact
- participating in and supporting Green initiatives and causes
We understand your desire to select products that give back more than they take, made by companies that are conscious about the impact they have on the environment. We’re reducing the impact of our products on the environment, both in how they are made and the materials that go into making them.
Hot Spring Spas has long been the leader in energy efficient spas, and in describing our efforts to become a Greener company, we believe that’s a great place to start.
What makes Hot Spring spas Green?
Hot Spring spas are the most energy-efficient spas made. Here’s why:
- Beneath the spa cabinet are multiple layers of high-density foam that minimize heat loss
- Low-amp SilentFlo 5000® circulation pump provides 24 hour filtration while using less energy to operate than a 75-watt light bulb
- Equipment compartment is designed to direct warm air generated from the pumps and heater back towards the spa water to minimize heat loss and limit the energy required by the heater
- All Hot Spring spas include a custom-fit cover with a high R-value, dense foam core that forms a tight seal with the spa shell to maximize heat retention
- The water temperature is maintained at a constant temperature, eliminating expensive heating and cooling cycles
Natural Water Care Alternatives
Hot Spring spas feature environmentally-friendly water care systems that keep the water cleaner, longer.
- Only Hot Spring spas offer 100% no-bypass filtration, which means that all the water passes through the filter before it enters the spa
- Patented Tri-X® filter technology uses a three-dimensional surface area to maximize filtration power that can extend the time between cleanings
- A factory-installed FreshWater® III ozone system uses highly concentrated ozone bubbles to neutralize contaminants on contact, dramatically reducing the need for harsh chemicals to keep the water clean
- An optional FreshWater Ag+® continuous silver ion purifier provides the sanitation power of silver ions for a more natural alternative to water care, so you can limit your use of chlorine and/or other chemical sanitizers
Waste Minimization Programs
We continually search for ways to conserve resources, reuse and recycle, especially in our manufacturing facility:
- The extra material left over when we form our spa shells is returned to our supplier to be ground up and reused
- Excess material used in our spa siding is returned to the supplier for recycling
- Metal material waste is sent to a recycling facility to reuse and repurpose the metals into new products
- Hot Spring Spas produces its own power through onsite generators, easing the burden on the local power grid
- A corporate “Green Team” meets regularly to drive environmentally-favorable initiatives, keeping the entire company focused on being Green
- We print our product brochures on 100% recycled paper
Hot Spring recently partnered with Cherokee Builders for their North Carolina Mainstream GreenHome™ project, featuring a Hot Spring Vanguard® spa!